Wicked's Brew Creativity Director Sees Cool New Creative Projects Everywhere, Even in Sweet Dreams at Night...
The Creativity Director position is creative, inspiring and ambitious. If you love thinking up new art projects & workshop themes, stimulating the artistic & creative skills of teachers, and love inspiring students to join in hands-on workshops & classes we are interested in meeting you.
Tucked inside Wicked's Brew Artisan Cafe & Coffee Bar is our Creative Alibis ™ Studio. Beginning November 2016 the Studio will be offering learning enrichment opportunities increative arts, crafts, culinary arts, watercolor, home improvement, special effects, party & themed event planning, home decorating, life enhancement, and green living enrichment.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions of Wicked's Brew Creativity Director include, but are not limited to the following:
- Consults and collaborates with Manager & Chef in creating new and exciting seasonal, theme-based workshop projects, hands-on & demonstration cooking classes and Inspired Bites™ topics for our students to partake in, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs.
- Assists Teachers with lessons, materials and kits for workshops and projects.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory of supplies and kits.
- Cleans, maintains and organizes Studio materials.
- Initiates, contributes to, and participates in opening, closing, set up and clean-up of studio.
- Responsible for the overall day-to-day operations in the Studio.
- Recruits and schedules Teachers and Teacher Assistants for workshops and classes.
- Assists Teachers and Teacher Assistants in practicing the skills necessary to be effective and successful educators.
- Supports Teachers and Teacher Assistants in student registration, check-in, and handling money.
- Assists Teachers in keeping records of students and payment status.
- Creates a fun and welcoming atmosphere for our students.
- Provides excellent customer service by communicating with our students about their experience.
- Is a visible figure to our students and plays a critical role in the overall success of the Creative Alibis ™ Studio.
- Supervises the operation of the varied and changing Studio and workshop topics, which may include: woodworking, ceramics, photography, glass, metal or lapidary work, banner making, wine & watercolor events, acting, life enhancement, home décorating, party planning, theme event planning, green living enrichment, home improvement, culinary arts and other areas.
- Organizes, supervises, and instructs in daily activities.
- Fills in for Teachers and Teaching Assistants when necessary.
- Responsible for ordering supplies and having equipment ready and functioning on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the clean-up and organization of the Studio.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining creative arts manual.
- Receives payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issues receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Resolves customer complaints.
- Answers customers' questions, and provides information on procedures or policies.
- Calculates total payments received during a time period, and reconciles this with total sales.
- Computes and records totals of transactions.
- Keeps periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
- Assists with new Teacher and Teaching Assistant training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Is familiar with and abides by all Wicked's Brew policies, procedures and systems.
- Is punctual and maintains a good attendance record.
- Is professional on all levels while clocked in or on company premises. Leaves issues not related to work, outside of work. Comes to work with a positive attitude and outlook on the day.
- Communicates to the Manager when there is an issue, whether it is personal or work related.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Wicked's Brew.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Insight into the creative process and technical knowledge of the requirements of the various crafts. Ability to promote craft shop offerings. Managerial skills.
- Operation of a community-centric craft shop, adult education center, arts & crafts camp or similar experience.
- Creative ability that can be extended to a teaching environment. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Experience working with adults, seniors, young adults and children and having good organizational skills.
- Teaching background in arts and crafts areas is desirable.
- Is enthusiastic, self-motivated, well organized, extroverted, and loves helping others to explore their own creativity.
- Experienced and comfortable with working busy, fast-paced shifts.
- Friendly, outgoing and dedicated to outstanding customer service.
- Able to speak and interact with both new and regular customers.
- Tidy and self-disciplined.
- Detailed-oriented and passionate about product quality.
- Previous experience in (or able to learn) proper use of visual aid equipment, teaching props, scenic elements, and special f/x equipment and props.
- Able to work as part of a Team dedicated to creating extraordinary experiences for our customers.
- Ability to communicate with management, staff, vendors and customers. Ability to read and interpret documents such as training cards/manuals, order forms, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups.
- Ability to deal with problems and resolve them efficiently. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Possesses ingenuity & dedication, and an enviable back-breaking work ethic.
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
- Attendance at LEAD Responsible Beverage Training required. (Arranged by Employer, no charge)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constantly working with paints, adhesives, chemicals existing in art supplies, hand tools, high temperatures, hand tools, equipment, findings, and food materials in a fast-paced, noisy environment.
- Constant standing/walking.
- Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling.
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 35 lbs.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps.
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine.
- Constant reaching and turning.
- Constant receiving detailed information through oral communication.
- Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Constant clarity of vision at near and/or far distances.
SPEND EVERY DAY IN CREATIVITY -
APPLY FOR WICKED'S BREW CREATIVITY DIRECTOR!
Simply download the application below, SAVE it to your computer, FILL IT OUT completely, PRINT and EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once it's received one of Wicked's sidekicks will contact you to set-up an interview at your earliest convenience.
Questions? Wish to Apply in Person? Please Call Gwendolyn at 805. 275. 2334