The Wicked's Brew Retail Salesperson Has "Shop Till You Drop" Embroidered on Their Pillow...
The Retail Salesperson position at Wicked’s Brew requires an outgoing personality, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask. As the main contact for our guests, the Retail Salesperson is instrumental in helping guests choose their gift items, assists Creative Alibis Studio Workshop students with Workshop kits and fulfills internet orders. The Retail Salesperson is responsible for handling payments, making change, and greeting each and every customer with a pleasant and courteous demeanor and helpful attitude. There will be some acting, singing, and dancing as Wicked’s Brew is also a murder mystery house.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions of Wicked's Brew Retail Salesperson include, but are not limited to the following:
- Receives payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issues receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Verifies credit acceptance by reviewing and recording driver's license number; operating credit card authorization system.
- Affirms that guests ordering alcoholic beverages present a valid I.D. to ensure they are at least 21 years old.
- Enters price changes by referring to price sheets and special sale bulletins.
- Counts money in cash drawers at the beginning of shift and end of shift to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Greets customers entering establishments.
- Maintains clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Establishes or identify prices of goods, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Resolves customer complaints.
- Answers customers' product questions, and provides information on procedures or policies.
- Weighs items sold by weight in order to determine prices.
- Calculates total payments received during a time period, and reconciles this with total sales.
- Computes and records totals of transactions.
- Keeps periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
- Bags, boxes, wraps, or gift-wraps merchandise, and prepares packages for shipment.
- Processes and fulfills internet retail merchandise orders.
- Sorts, counts, and wraps currency and coins.
- Processes merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Stocks shelves, and marks prices on shelves and items.
- Compiles and maintains non-monetary reports and records.
- Monitors checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
- Offers customers carry-out service at the completion of transactions.
- Assists with new Team Member training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Is familiar with and abides by all Wicked's Brew policies, procedures and systems.
- Is punctual and maintains a good attendance record. Is willing to substitute for or assist other cashiers during emergencies or rush periods.
- Is professional on all levels while clocked in or on company premises. Leaves issues not related to work, outside of work. Comes to work with a positive attitude and outlook on the day.
- Communicates to the Manager when there is an issue, whether it is personal or work related.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Wicked's Brew.
- Interacts with guests; gives out mysterious clues, participates in Creative Alibis workshops & classes and performs short acting vignettes and dancing.
- Assembles, packages, labels and keeps inventory of Workshop Supply Kits, and interfaces with workshop students and teachers.
- Brings their character to life for entertaining the guests.
- Wears costumes, hairstyles and makeup that corresponds with character.
- Memorizes simple script lines.
- Is comfortable working with stage lighting, sound cues and special F/X.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- No previous acting experience necessary, characters or acting experience preferred. At least 1+ year in the retail, restaurant or coffee service industry preferred.
- 2+ years in the customer service industry.
- Experienced and comfortable with working busy, fast-paced shifts.
- Friendly, outgoing and dedicated to outstanding customer service.
- Able to speak and interact with both new and regular customers.
- Tidy and self-disciplined.
- Detailed-oriented and passionate about product quality.
- Able to use basic computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Constant Contact etc...) and social website interfaces. (Facebook, Twitter etc...)
- Able to read, memorize and follow theater script lines.
- Able to attend rehearsals, learn dance steps, song lyrics, stage directions, and proper use of props, scenic elements, and special f/x equipment and props.
- Able to work as part of a team in a busy coffee shop / retail atmosphere.
- Ability to communicate with management, Team, vendors and customers. Ability to read and interpret documents such as training cards/manuals, order forms, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to deal with problems and resolve them efficiently. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and hot environment.
- Possess ingenuity & dedication, and an enviable back-breaking work ethic.
- Available to work flexible hours that may include mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
- LEAD Responsible Beverage Training and CA ServSafe Food Handlers Card preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constantly working in a fast-paced, noisy environment.
- Constant standing/walking.
- Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling.
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps.
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine.
- Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around tabletop, costume & fragile merchandise.
- Constant receiving detailed information through oral communication.
- Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Constant clarity of vision at near and/or far distances.
GRAB THE GOLD RING - APPLY FOR WICKED'S BREW CASHIER!
Simply download the application below, SAVE it to your computer, FILL IT OUT completely, PRINT and EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once it's received one of Wicked's sidekicks will contact you to set-up an interview at your earliest convenience.
Questions? Wish to Apply in Person? Please Call Gwendolyn at 805. 275. 2334